Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Whose Dean?

As many of you know I have been back in school for almost six months now. Any of you that have gone back to school as an adult know what a daunting thing it is to return to school while keeping normalcy in all of the other areas of life (not always completely possible though a fantastic goal).

It is an incredibly personal decision to put yourself out there with the huge possiblity that you might not be able to pull it off. I started in college in my late teens not sure what I wanted to be when I grew up - a peds doctor was my first choice and then after a stint at Primary Children's as much as I loved helping people I realized that it might not be the life choice for me, I then sort of just wandered through undergraduate studies without a real passion or drive not know which direction I would end up. I found the love of my life four years ago and we settled down to have our amazing little guy ~ Murphy ~. College took a back seat in my life though I knew it was always something I wanted to finish.

Since then I have continued my career in Marketing and have realized my passion for it - everything about it from the people interaction to being able to create things and work in a team environment. I kept thinking "when Murphy get older I'll go back to school" and then it hit me - what exactly was I waiting for or was it really just another form of procrastination. So a really long story long - I took the plunge with my husband holding my hand being the most supportive partner and Murphy helping me do "homework" and I just found out I made the Dean's list. Wow - I guess theres a first for everything.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I don't know all that making the list means, but I know it is impressive!! I am so proud! I am glad you found something you love and that your loves support you...When you are not at school, work, or home I think you should be at my house!! Plan?? Miss your very smart face!
~loves~

Anonymous said...

Hi Dean

Lace said...

Wow! I'm impressed too... not surprised at all, but impressed! If I were the Dean I would invite you to a very extravagent (I bet you know how to spell that) dinner and I would tell you that you are so creative, and so good at everything you do. You are amazing and even though I am not the Dean you have made my list.

Also if I were the Dean I would say "Keep up the good work!" Just to keep you motivated.

Anonymous said...

Good Job Sarah! Keep up the good work!

P.S. Hi Tony

Unknown said...

Dean is really smart to put you on his list. I would put you on the list too.

YOU ARE AMAZING Sarah...I look up to you in so many ways. Way to go, keep up the great work, I am right there behind you in school...it is tough but will be so worth it.

Unknown said...

OH you guys are amazing! I should write more posts about me instead of Murphy!!! hee hee

Leslie Wentz said...

Congratulations!!!!! I had no idea that you were back in school! Good for you! I always said I would go back to school to, but life happens. Maybe someday! :) Congratulations again! Give me a call soon!!!!! We can all get together and celebrate!

Leslie Wentz said...

Oh and by the way, I have been checking your blog watching for any new posts!!!!! :)

veekids said...

WOW!!! I am totally in amaizment. I could never go back to college, not just because of the Kiddo's and my husband and the Money and Sress of daily things, but because of the Homework. I never was good at the Tests, homework or any of that. The only thing that I loved was all of the things that I learned while I was there and all of the different people that I met. One day when I am old and my Kiddo's are in college or out of the house then I might think of going back.

Good for you and good luck!!!!

Ashlee said...

Sarah that is AWESOME!! I'm so excited for you! That is something I can't say I did, but wish I had. How are you holding up with the schedule?

Balser said...

Wow! That's awesome! I looked at this back when you posted it but I had to go and forgot to say congrats! So congrats!